I’ve been telling Adam and my brother for months now that I have been waiting for the dream. The dream where people who have passed away come visit you in your sleep. Last night, almost 6 months to the day since I last spoke with you, you appeared.
You looked perfect.Tall, and in amazing shape, wearing a shirt dress with a belt. Your leg muscles were so pronounced and I couldn’t get over how tall and perfect your skin was. I knew it was you. I couldn’t see your face that clearly, and you had an oxygen tube on your face, but you were incredible.
I was on my way to a hotel on the beach when I came upon a grand opening for a new Disney Cruise ship, the Dreamland. I went over to the boat and into the swimming pool. It was then that I saw you and followed you over to the elevator. You hugged me and squeezed so tight, your words were just, “I know.” over and over.
I then woke up to Avilene crying. I woke Adam and told him of my dream and then I cried. Tears poured out of my eyes as I went through all of the scenarios to the answer of “I know.”
This morning, over coffee, I feel a small sense of peace which seems to be a little stronger then my sadness, for the first time in a very long time. When researching dreams of loved ones, I came across “Visitation Dreams.” Dr. Reith states these characteristics…
8 characteristics of true visitation dreams
True “visitation dreams” are actually very easy to identify because they are very different than “everyday dreams.” Characteristics of most (but not all) visitation dreams include the following:
- Characteristic #1: The most important characteristic of a true visitation dream is that it feels “real.” It will also be very vivid.
- Characteristic #2: If you have to ask whether the visitation dream was really a visitation dream, then it probably was NOT a visitation dream. They are so real and vivid that you won’t have to ask this question. When you do have a visitation dream, you may wonder if it was truly real; but in your heart or gut, you will “know” it was real.
- Characteristic #3: Because they are so real and so vivid, you will remember visitation dreams very clearly for days, months, years . . . probably for your entire lifetime!
- Characteristic #4: The person (or animal) will almost always appear in the dream to be completely healthy and behaving in a loving manner. They will rarely appear sick or injured. They will never be angry, disappointed, depressed, or punishing. They will be “whole, complete, and perfect” because they are now reconnected with God/Source energy.
- Characteristic #5: Whether or not they speak to you verbally in the dream, they will communicate very clearly. (NOTE: As you’ll see in the next two examples, in neither of the dreams did actual verbal communication occur; the messages were conveyed telepathically and were completely clear.)
- Characteristic #6: When they do communicate (either verbally or non-verbally), it isn’t because they want to engage in idle “chit-chat.” It isn’t easy for deceased loves ones to enter a dream. They come with a purpose, and they will convey the message and then be gone.
- Characteristic #7: Most often, their messages fall into the category of “reassurance.” They come to let you know that they are fine and that they want you to be happy. Occasionally, they will come with a warning; however, when giving a warning, they will give you loving support and you will feel reassured by their presence.
Characteristic #8: After a visitation dream, when you wake up, you will often be filled with a sense of peace and love.
I do believe my dream was real. I spoke with my Grandma on the phone this morning and she said that her Mother used to talk about this. The first thing she asked me was, “What did she give you?” She said that they will always give you something in your dream. If they take something, that isn’t a good thing, but what they give is most important.
I guess, in the end, she was giving me the knowledge to know that she knows how I feel, she knows what is going on and she was consoling me. She didn’t say anything about agreeing or disagreeing. She didn’t put forth any indication of wrong or right. She only gave me what I needed, a hug and the words of understanding, that only your mother can give you.
I do hope she comes back soon to give me more strength, talk about my kids or give me more comfort.
But, after last night, I do know that she is the best version of herself, happy and healthy…and sailing away on a trip,which is something she had always wanted to do.