I have never written one of these written Daily Prompts, but due to my crazy nightmares and weird feelings lately, this one was spot on.
Two days ago I was at my Mom’s and I had this freak out moment where I thought I left the stove on at my brothers, (where we were staying). I could even smell the smoke. All I could think of was Eunee and how on earth would she get out of the house.
Last week, I woke up in the middle of the night thinking the house was on fire and having a panic attack as to how we were going to get out. We sleep in a converted garage room at my brothers. It is downstairs, right off the kitchen. If the kitchen was on fire, we only have one door out of our bedroom and no windows…and that door would not allow us to get to the front of the house. So, I started running through ideas in my head… my conclusion, Adam would have to bang down the outer wall of our room with dumbbells (yes there are dumbbells in our room) in order for us to escape to safety.
I know I am preggo and have heard that your hormones and such give you crazy dreams, but come on!
Did you/Have you had any weird dreams like this when pregnant?
When I looked up what houses on fire mean through MythsDreamsSymbols I cracked up a bit, but after sifting through the first two paragraphs, a lot of it makes sense. No, my life isn’t lit up with unbelievable our of control passion nor do I feel like my life is literally “up in flames,” but I am on the verge of crazy woman breakdown if we don’t get ourselves organized and cracking soon. (I promise that will provide some great blogs)
So, onto the daily prompt…
Your home is on fire. Grab five items (assume all people and animals are safe). What did you grab?
but assuming all people and animals are safe…
1. There isn’t anything that Adam or I need or have at this point that isn’t replaceable. Over our coffee we are running through our “material life inventory” and it is pretty small. We have clothes, hiking backpacks, Adam’s camera, sleeping bags, toiletries, a laptop, a kindle, a phone, a hard drive and that is truly about it.
What a simple answer when your life is so incredibly simplified and you don’t have any “stuff” to be attached too…
If our home was on fire, there is nothing we would grab, or miss…as long as the 3 of us were safe.
- Daily Prompt: Burning Down the House (yourfriendmel.wordpress.com)
- Fire! 5 items to be grabbed (smileyface80.wordpress.com)
- Burning down the house (fibot.wordpress.com)
- Burning Down the House (soyouthinkyoucanthink.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Burning Down the House (jdcgzm.wordpress.com)