I am a firm believer in telling the truth and also that people are going to do what they are going to do regardless. I tend to tell it like it is.
- First I would listen and ask my friend why they wanted to quit? (listen)
- Then, I would validate their reasoning. (I completely understand how you feel)
- I would give my opinion. (I think that..)
- Mentioning that they should think it through and weigh the pros and cons would come next.
Ultimately, it is their decision.
What is that saying, “You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make them drink.” Kind of similar.
You can only point out what your opinions are and your own reasoning, then it is up to them and how it effects their lives.
If you are curious as to what the November Health/Fitness Blogger Challenge is, check out Lisa’s challenge from She’s Losing It.
- November Health/Fitness Blogger Challenge (sheslosingit.net)
- November Health/Fitness Blogger Challenge, Day 1 (AdventuresweSeek.com)
- November Health/Fitness Blogger Challenge, Day 2 (AdventuresweSeek.com)